top-tips.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Remove Permanent Marker from Wood

Go down

Remove Permanent Marker from Wood Empty Remove Permanent Marker from Wood

Post  sleepyme123 Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:19 pm

Raising children is a war, and in war there's sure to be collateral damage.
Our table suffered the mark of a little devil before it was cleaned off with a nifty household trick.
Here are some of them below;

Use Isopropyl Alcohol (Or Booze) - Permanent marker can often be removed with isopropyl alcohol. First, assuming you still have the markers, try using isopropyl alcohol to remove it from a test surface. If it works, then try on the underside of your table to ensure it does not damage the finish. If it is safe, then go for it.

Goof Off (or Don't) - I just tried Goof Off on the underside of my table and it worked very well. Of course, the underside of my table is sealed with polyurethane.
You might just want to leave your permanent marker stain alone. This might seem like a strange attitude, but I resigned myself to marker stains years ago. Now, when I look around at the child-inflicted damage around the home, I think of it as the history of my family in this house.

Power Sand - If your furniture is unsealed, the ink has likely permeated into the grain. In the end, it might come down to getting out the power sander.

Toothpaste - Thanks everyone! Before I could even read any suggestions, my wife went ahead and tried using toothpaste over the mark and it has removed it well enough. Go figure. I don't even know where she found that idea, I don't like taking gambles like that, but it worked. We'll leave the scuff mark, for now.
sleepyme123
sleepyme123
Admin

http://www.pikipedia.co.uk

Back to top Go down