top-tips.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

10 BASIC RULES OF DECLUTTERING

Go down

10 BASIC RULES OF DECLUTTERING Empty 10 BASIC RULES OF DECLUTTERING

Post  sleepyme123 Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:47 am

10 Basic Rules that Apply to Every Room in Your Home

1.MAKE IT A FAMILY EVENT
Let everyone know and they can be a part of the decision making. The golden rule here is that ‘everything has a place’ and if everyone in the house knows where that place is, your life will become easier.

2. CLEARING NEEDS PLANNING
Before you begin, look in every cupboard and drawer, regardless of what it contains at present, decide what you are going to keep there in the future. Then, as you are tidying, you will be able to put any misplaced items where you want them to be.

3. ONE ROOM AT A TIME
De-clutter one room at a time, or even half a room or even a drawer. You’ll find as you empty your cupboards and shelves that you create more of a mess to begin with, don’t be put off, no one’s behind you with a stopwatch!

4. GET YOUR RUBBISH BAGS READY
Have rubbish bags at the ready: Mark them SELL, CHARITY SHOP, RECYCLE & BIN IT Sell: car boot, garage sale, reputable internet auction sites, auction rooms (for more valuable items).

5. CHARITY SHOP
Charity shops always need clothes / household goods.

6. RECYCLE
You may need several bags for this, depending on how your local autority work. Recycle: paper, card, glass, plastic, clothes, wood.

7. USEFUL
It’s a good idea to have a bag to put letters, bills, instruction manuals etc. that you may discover around the house, and will need to file for easy access.

8. IT STAYS
Anything you need to keep put back straight away.

9. HAVE A METHOD
Pull out everything in your cupboard or drawer and lay it out so you can see it clearly – this will help you make a decision as to what you want to lose and what you need to hang onto.

10. MAKING THE DECISION TO KEEP IT OR CHUCK IT
When your holding your item as your self: "Do I really need it? Do I use it? Do I like it? How many of them do I need?" Don’t just rearrange! One sure fire recipe for frustration is to simply tidy up the content of a drawer or cupboard but leave yourself with the same miscellaneous collection of ‘stuff’. Be ruthless!

Above all remember - de-cluttering is meant to make you feel good – make room for the future and don’t get too caught up on the past.
sleepyme123
sleepyme123
Admin

http://www.pikipedia.co.uk

Back to top Go down